Los Angeles Based Photo Assistant
BBP HQ - 4510 Sperry St. Los Angeles, CA 90039
START DATE: ASAP
HOURLY WAGE: $18
SCHEDULE: M-F / 7:00a-3:30p
Big Bud Press is looking for a full time photo assistant to join our Los Angeles photo department. The photo assistant will directly support the head photographer primarily in editing photographs for Big Bud Press as well as whatever day-to-day tasks necessary to keep the photo department functioning (handling samples, assisting in photo creation., etc)
This is a job that requires a lot of flexibility and a positive attitude. Though the primary focus of this position is photo editing, you will need to be flexible for whatever the needs of the photo department are.
The ideal candidate is someone who will work with the head photographer to create a positive and relaxed shoot environment, while also supporting the head photographer in getting any images needed. We often work with new and inexperienced models so someone who is able to make those around them feel comfortable is very important in this position.
The photo assistant ideally is a self-starter who is always looking for ways to make the photo studio workflow operate smoothly, under direction from the head photographer. The photo assistant will be responsible for photo editing, file storage, and supporting on the photo set by helping set up lights, backdrops, and props. They will work under the head photographer to ensure all images are created and edited in a timely fashion and consistent with the brand’s creative vision. Ultimately, if the candidate is a good fit for the position, they will have the opportunity to grow into more responsibility within the photo department.
- Photo Editing - Working closely with the head photographer to ensure all images are edited in a timely manner and in a way that is consistent with the creative vision of Big Bud Press. This includes file storage, exporting, and will require an attention to detail and an ability to stay organized.
- Assisting on set - Following direction of head photographer to help set up backdrops, props, and lights as needed
- General housekeeping - Helping to maintain a clean and comfortable environment in photo studio
- Sample Handling - Assisting in gathering, sorting, and removing samples from photo department.
- Photo editing and color correction
- Passionate about creating a welcoming and warm environment on set
- Willingness to learn
- Positive energy and attitude
- Attention to detail
- Focused and organized
- Ability to work alone and on a team
- Flexibility-- There will often be times when your day-to-day tasks change as business needs change
- Reliable transportation. Punctuality is a must.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title/location in your email subject.
ABOUT US: Big Bud Press is a Los Angeles based clothing company. We do all of our manufacturing locally and ethically. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes openness, honesty, and reward for hard work. We are a very fast-growing company and there is a lot of opportunity for growth in any position with us.
Big Bud Press provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.