Photo Studio Manager
Los Angeles Based Photo Studio Manager
START DATE: ASAP
HOURLY WAGE: To be discussed
SCHEDULE: M-F / 7:00a-3:30p (this schedule is not flexible)
Big Bud Press is looking for a full time studio manager to join our Los Angeles photo department. The studio manager will directly support the head of photography and the photography team in achieving their goals and deadlines.
This job is both administrative and hands on in the studio and requires high attention to detail-- you will be responsible for booking models and arranging rates, organizing the shoot calendar, making sure photos are delivered within a timely manner, communicating with production department to get samples made, managing and organizing of clothing samples and backdrops, assisting during photo shoots, and more. If you're familiar with the program Monday, we primarily work through that!
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly organized, positive, dependable, and easy to work with and communicate with. We work with a variety of models with varying degrees of experience-- we need someone in this position is who is easy to talk to and makes those with less modeling experience feel heard and comfortable.
Ideally you are a self-starter who is always looking for ways to make the photo studio workflow operate smoothly, under direction from the head of photography. It will be your job to make sure shoots are edited and uploaded within a timely manner and to manage workflow with the schedule so that the photo team has enough time to complete their goals.
The administrative side of this job is highly important but so is the management of the studio itself-- organizing clothes, samples, backdrops, supplies, and assisting on shoots with handling of said items. Day to day your job will change so we need someone who is flexible, hands-on, and as willing to update a google calendar as they are to paint a backdrop.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Booking Models - Emailing/texting/calling models to book shoots. Handling of contracts, disclosures, and payments
- Setting the Shoot Calendar - Following direction of head of photography to set a calendar for shoots and maintaining editing deadlines for photographers
- Ordering Samples - Communicating with the production department on needed samples
- Handling Samples - Organizing samples and backdrops/supplies to keep the photo department organized and running smoothly
- Photo Shoots - Assist on set with handling and reorganizing samples and general photo assisting.
- Photo Shoot Prep - Assisting in creating sets, moving equipment, etc.
- General housekeeping - Helping to maintain a clean and comfortable environment in photo studio
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computing skills and ability to use programs like Excel/Numbers, Google calendar, etc. (We primarily use Monday)
- Willingness to learn
- Positive energy and attitude
- High attention to detail
- Focused and organized
- Ability to work alone and on a team
- Flexibility-- There will often be times when your day-to-day tasks change as business needs change
- Reliable transportation. Punctuality is a must.
- Bonus, but not necessary: Previous management experience
BENEFITS: Paid time off, sick pay, subsidized healthcare, vision and dental insurance.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title/location in your email subject.
ABOUT US: Big Bud Press is a Los Angeles based clothing company. We do all of our manufacturing locally and ethically. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes openness, honesty, and reward for hard work. We are a very fast-growing company and there is a lot of opportunity for growth in any position with us.
Big Bud Press provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.