Los Angeles Based Photo Editor
START DATE: ASAP
HOURLY WAGE: TBD
SCHEDULE: Tues-Thurs OR Wed-Fri / 7:00a-3:30p (this schedule is not flexible)
Big Bud Press is looking for an experienced part time photo editor to join our Los Angeles photo department. We are looking for an experienced photo editor whose primary focus is e-comm photo editing and making web selects in an efficient manner that is consistent to the creative vision of Big Bud Press. Must be highly skilled at color matching and correcting to our specific hues (there will be a color matching test after the interview process). Photo editor will also assist in other operational needs of the photo department in their downtime from editing or when needed.
Extensive experience in Capture One is a requirement for this position. The photo editor will also be responsible for the organizing, backing up, and exporting of files to Dropbox. You must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
The ideal candidate is a focused and organized worker who enjoys this type of work. We are looking for a self-starter who is can edit shoots in a timely manner and is comfortable with deadlines. We are not looking to expand this position into a photographer, so your focus will remain in editing.
We work to cultivate a positive, warm, and open atmosphere in our photo department to support each other and help nurture each other's creativity. We are looking for someone who is a great communicator and looking for a similar work environment.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Photo Editing - Working closely with the head photographer to ensure all images are edited in a timely manner and in a way that is consistent with the creative vision of Big Bud Press. This includes file storage, exporting, and will require an attention to detail and an ability to stay organized.
- Photo Organizing - Organizing, backing up, and exporting of files to Dropbox. Backing up fees to master hard drives.
- Assisting on set when needed - Following direction of head photographer to help set up backdrops, props, and lights as needed
- General housekeeping - Helping to maintain a clean and comfortable environment in photo studio
- Sample handling when needed - Assisting in gathering, sorting, and removing samples from photo department.
- Extensive Capture One experience is a must
- Photo editing and color correction (there will be a color correction test)
- High attention to detail
- Focused and organized
- Comfortable with deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Positive energy and attitude
- Ability to work alone and on a team
- Flexibility-- There will often be times when your day-to-day tasks change as department needs change
- Reliable transportation. Punctuality is a must.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title in your email subject.
ABOUT US: Big Bud Press is a Los Angeles based clothing company. We do all of our manufacturing locally and ethically. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes openness, honesty, and reward for hard work. We are a very fast-growing company and there is a lot of opportunity for growth in any position with us.
Big Bud Press provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.