Palm Springs Retail Manager
POSITION: FULL-TIME (Long-term weekend availability is a MUST)
START DATE: Late May/Early June
HOURLY WAGE: $22
Big Bud Press is looking for a Retail Store Manager to join our team. The Retail Store Manager will oversee our Palm Springs retail location and its staff. You will be responsible for running the shop day-to-day, keeping your customer-facing team motivated, being knowledgeable about products and policies, maintaining the tidiness of the store, and communicating effectively with our warehouse team for store needs. The store manager is the main point of contact between the store team, operations manager, and community customer base in Echo Park. We try to provide the best possible customer experience in-store and our store manager is integral to creating and maintaining that.
We are a very fast-growing company. A positive attitude and flexibility is key with a growing business like ours. The ideal Store Manager works well in a team, is outgoing and positive, and enjoys being customer facing. We have a very diverse customer base and as a store manager you need to be open and welcoming to everyone who walks through the door. You must lead by example to create a positive experience from start to finish. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping customers feel their best and gets satisfaction from helping others. We don't push for sales in our stores and prefer to focus on customer experience and providing a safe space for folks to browse or shop.
The ideal candidate is team-oriented, has strong attention to detail, and maintains professionalism at all times. The Retail Store Manager is a skilled multi-tasker and demonstrates creative leadership methods to motivate employees.
- Managing daily operations - Opening and closing. Key holding. Scheduling. Communicating with our warehouse for stock needs. Reordering supplies.
- Customer Service - Engaging with customers and creating the best possible experience for anyone who enters the store. Creating authentic connections with customers and their experiences. Maintaining composure in difficult situations. Positively enforcing store policy while making sure the customer feels heard.
- Inventory/Product handling - Taking counts on goods, consolidating stock to make room for incoming product, returning stock to the shelves, etc. Receive incoming product. Moving stock between the store and stockroom.
- Merchandising and housekeeping - Keeping the store fresh by rotating displays, keeping the store immaculately clean at all times.
- Motivating and supervising your team – It's the store manager's responsibility to check in with their team and make sure they continue to be motivated and positive at work. It is the store manager's responsibility to make sure they have an effective and happy team working with them.
- Sales – Reporting daily sales to superiors and communicating important customer feedback.
Covid-19 Protocols – Ensuring that both team members and customers adhere to strict covid-19 protocols in-store.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Preferably at least 2 years of experience in customer-facing roles.
- Focused and with high attention to detail
- Previous experience managing a team.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs+ on a regular basis.
- Positive energy and attitude
- Able to motivate and effectively manage a small team
- Ability to identify problems and quickly find a solution
- Creative and able to merchandise effectively and beautifully
- Flexibility. There will often be times when your day-to-day tasks change as business needs change.
Reliable transportation. Punctuality is a must.
BENEFITS: Paid time off, sick pay, and subsidized healthcare.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title/location in your email subject.
ABOUT US: Big Bud Press is a Los Angeles based clothing company. We do all of our manufacturing locally and ethically. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes openness, honesty, and reward for hard work. We are a very fast-growing company and there is a lot of opportunity for growth in any position with us.
Big Bud Press provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.