NYC Retail Manager
POSITION: FULL-TIME (Long-term weekend availability is a MUST)
LOCATION: NYC, Lower East Side
START DATE: TBD in June
SALARY: To be discussed
Big Bud Press is looking for a Retail Store Manager to help open our newest location: New York City! The Retail Store Manager will oversee our NYC retail location and its staff. You will be responsible for running the shop day-to-day, keeping your customer-facing team motivated, being knowledgeable about products and policies, maintaining the tidiness of the store, and communicating effectively with our warehouse team for store needs. The store manager is the main point of contact between the store team, operations manager, and community customer base in New York. We try to provide the best possible customer experience in-store and our store manager is integral to creating and maintaining that.
We are a very fast-growing company. A positive attitude and flexibility is key with a growing business like ours. The ideal Store Manager works well in a team, is outgoing and positive, and enjoys being customer facing. We have a very diverse customer base and staff-- as a store manager you need to be open and welcoming to everyone who walks through the door. You must lead by example to create a positive experience from start to finish. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping customers feel their best and gets satisfaction from helping others. We don't push for sales in our stores and prefer to focus on customer experience and providing a safe space for folks to browse or shop.
The ideal candidate is team-oriented, has strong attention to detail, and maintains professionalism at all times. The Retail Store Manager is a skilled multi-tasker and demonstrates creative leadership methods to motivate employees. Your focus is keeping the store running smoothly for both employees and customers.
We are looking for someone who is in it for the long haul-- this job will change over time as this is a new store in a new city we don't yet operate in. There will be plenty of trial and error on both the manager's part and our part back at HQ while we get settled and figure out the operating norm in a new city. Flexibility and excellent communication is required of anyone who would fill this position.
Whomever is hired for this position will need to be available to travel to Los Angeles to train in our stores here while they familiarize themselves with our customers, policies, and operations.
- Overseeing daily operations - Working alongside and overseeing your assistant manager to ensure daily operations run smoothly. Opening and closing. Key holding. Scheduling. Communicating with our warehouse for stock needs. Reordering supplies.
- Customer Service - Engaging with customers and creating the best possible experience for anyone who enters the store. Creating authentic connections with customers and their experiences. Maintaining composure in difficult situations. Positively enforcing store policy while making sure the customer feels heard.
- Inventory/Product handling - Taking counts on goods, consolidating stock to make room for incoming product, returning stock to the shelves, etc. Receive incoming product. Moving stock between the store and stockroom.
- Merchandising - Keeping the store fresh by rotating displays.
- Housekeeping - Keeping the store immaculately clean by assisting and delegating cleaning tasks to associates. Removing any graffiti before opening. Bringing trash to curb for pickups. Removing debris and trash from sidewalks/store entrance before opening.
- Motivating and supervising your team – It's the store manager's responsibility to check in with their team and make sure they continue to be motivated and positive at work. It is the store manager's responsibility to make sure they have an effective and happy team working with them.
- Sales – Reporting daily sales to superiors and communicating important customer feedback.
- Covid-19 Protocols – Ensuring that both team members and customers adhere to any covid-19 protocols in-store.
Flexibility - As a manager you will be expected to step in and assist where needed-- no task is beneath you. You need to be open to operational changes. You need to be available to cover when short staffed.
- At least 2 years of previous management experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills. At least 2 years of experience in customer-facing/contacting roles.
- Focused and with high attention to detail
- Previous experience managing a team.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs+ on a regular basis.
- Positive energy and attitude
- Able to motivate and effectively manage a team
- Ability to identify problems and quickly find a solution
- Creative and able to merchandise effectively and beautifully
- Flexibility. There will often be times when your day-to-day tasks change as business needs change.
Reliable transportation. Punctuality is a must.
BENEFITS: Paid time off, sick pay, subsidized healthcare, dental and vision insurance, and generous employee discount.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title/location in your email subject.
ABOUT US: Big Bud Press is a Los Angeles based clothing company. We do all of our manufacturing locally and ethically. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes openness, honesty, and reward for hard work. We are a very fast-growing company and there is a lot of opportunity for growth in any position with us.
Big Bud Press provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.